Smarthost Design Technologies (smarthost) is an SBA 8(a) certified small business and a leader in providing fast, reliable, highly responsive, onsite, client focus and cost-effective technology solution to commercial, and government customers; helping them solve their daily technology challenges. We provide services oriented System Administration, Help Desk Support, Manage IT Services, Network Administration and Design, Cyber Security Solutions, Big Data Analytics, Database Administration, Backup & Disaster Recovery Solutions and Cloud Computing solutions. As a fast-growing IT leader in the industry, this opportunity is here for you to grow, and be part of the best in class, where there are no limits but room to grow with us as a company. We invite you to join us on the quest to be the best IT Solution provider in our Industry.
Smarthost is seeking a Senior level Red Hat Linux System Administrator to provides support services to government customer in Bolder Colorado and Washington DC. This position requires sufficient experience administering, performing Operation and maintenance (O&M) and must requires security clearance.
Proposal Responsibilities (Primary)
- Administration of server
- Perform continuous Operation and maintenance (O&M) support, expand as needed, and ensure security updates/baselines are applied as needed.
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Create shell script to support enviroment
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage users and groups
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
- Perform basic container management
- Linux OS
- Ansible systems
- Ability to work with people in a consultative support approach
- Strong IT troubleshooting skills
- Security Clearance (preferred)
- CompTIA Security + Certification
- Must eligible to obtain and sustain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in related filed and good command of the English language and writing.
- Minimum 9 years working as a Unix System Administrator
- Successful candidate must be located with 90 miles from CO 80305 or 50 miles from Washington, DC 20230
- Health coverage for employee and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) Plan with a generous match
- Tax advantages through FSA, HSA, and Dependent Care FSA expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Employee assistance program
- Gym membership corporate rate
- LifeCare/LifeMart discount program (including travel, entertainment, financial services)
- 15 day paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Community service opportunities
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (required)
- CompTIA Security + Certification (will be a plus)
Please submit your resume with a cover letter within this application. In your cover letter please state your income requirement.
No phone calls, please.