Job summary description:
This is a sales position and not a technical cybersecurity or IT position. it requires making calls and selling services:
Initiates, follow-ups, and contact prospects generated by marketing initiatives and existing clients to consult to offer our managed IT and Smarthost CyberShield CMMC solutions, develop relationships to help meet their IT and Cybersecurity needs, respond with Smarthost Design solutions, close sales opportunity and maintain client relationships.
Sales – General
Sales – New Business
- Respond promptly and professionally at all times to everyone.
- Maintain timely and accurate database of client contact data.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of new / additional business.
- Generate an accurate weekly forecast.
- Follow-up with prospects / clients to review proposed solutions, pricing, determine project start dates and obtain signed contracts.
- Participate in weekly meeting, prepared to discuss current status of pending projects, proposals and challenges.
- Initiate calls into new accounts to introduce our products and services.
- Thoroughly identify each prospect's current environment, needs, expectations, budget and priorities.
- Effectively use company marketing initiatives and collateral (handouts, demos) to successfully engage new prospects.
- Develop detailed proposals to solve customer problems.
- Close incremental revenue by always asking questions to identify additional points of pain or areas of potential cost savings for clients when they use our solutions.
- Develop skills to properly propose additional products and services to help prospect / client companies achieve their key priorities.
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and training to further develop your sales skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Skills and Qualifications
- Business Ethics - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications - Verbal: Listens and repeats back for clarification, communicates in understanding manner, adapts tone and style to individual, communicates clearly with all audiences, demonstrates effective presentation skills, and presents persuasively when appropriate.
- Communications - Written: Writes in an understandable manner, communicates clearly and efficiently, adapts writing style to audience, checks work for spelling and grammar, incorporates numerical data effectively, and formats documents for quick review.
- Consultative Selling - Qualifies potential customers, builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, and manages and documents sales processes.
- Customer Service - Maintains calm, pleasant, respectful attitude; displays empathy and courtesy; resolves difficult or emotional situations; delivers promptly on commitments; takes responsibility for resolving customer issues; and submits customer feedback to improve service.
- Negotiation Skills - Clarifies interests and positions of all parties; adjusts tactics to achieve desired results; manages conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions; develops alternative options for mutual gain; and builds consensus through give and take. Maintains knowledge of solution pricing policies and sales initiatives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Sales Skills - Achieves sales goals, overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence, initiates new contacts, maintains customer satisfaction, maintains records and promptly submits information. Has knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically solution selling.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Time Management - Plans how to achieve key priorities weekly, reviews results of time plans weekly, schedules time realistically, achieves key priorities daily, balances personal and professional objectives, and schedules time without communication devices.
- Following Set Sales Process - Goals are assigned, task are defined, sales process is given, following the process is key to success.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or related fields, or equivalent business experience
- Computer Skills
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint effectively
- User of Virtual Meeting Tool (MS Teams, Zoom, Webex)
- User of Softphones and CRM Integrated Phones
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- 1-2 years consultative sales experience in selling technology services
- Valued Qualifications (not required)
- Preferable (sandlers or other professional sales training)
- Experience as part of an entrepreneurial organization
Accountability: The successful candidate will be someone who delivers on his or her promises and is comfortable being held to high standards. Dedication to first-class customer service: We believe a key to our success has been our fervent dedication to customer service. In your role as the primary contact with new and existing customers, your ability and desire to provide first-class customer service is critical to success.
Dedication to first-class customer service: We believe the key to our success has been our fervent dedication to customer service. In your role as the primary contact with new and existing customers, your ability and desire to provide first-class customer service is critical to success.
NOTICE 1: Recruiting agency/Staffing agencies - please do not call.
NOTICE 2: Prospective Candidates - No calls please, apply only if qualified (see requirements)