Enterprise Network Engineer SME
Smarthost Design Technologies (SHD Technologies) is an SBA 8(a)-certified small business and a leader in providing fast, reliable, highly responsive, onsite, client focus and cost-effective technology solution to commercial, and government customers; helping them solve their daily technology challenges. We provide Services oriented Project Management, Help Desk Support, Manage IT Services, Network Administration and Design, Cyber Security Solutions, Big Data Analytics, Database Administration, Backup & Disaster Recover Solutions and Cloud Computing solution. As fast-growing IT leader in the industry, this opportunity is here for you to grow, and be part of the best in class, where there are no limits but room to grow with us as a company. We invite to join us on the quest to be the best IT Solution provider in our Industry.
This Job Description
Enterprise Network Engineer SME will provide support in the areas of assessment, integration, and configuration of network components not limited to routers, switches, gateways, proxy servers, firewalls, and similar components. Candidate will provide networking expertise to ef-forts in the testing, integration, development, and proof of concepts of PKI technologies. Responsible for maintaining technical familiarity and awareness of Air Force computer, network and enclave architectures to ensure proper implementation across the Air Force. Engineer will be experienced in leading data center architecture efforts for HQ Commands, along with local theater commands in PACOM AOR.
Duties and Responsibilities
Software & Hardware
Required Certification and Experience
- Subtask 1: Function as the senior network engineer responsible for design, configuration recommendations, integration plans for 3rd Party network devices, and validation procedure documents. The technician has primary responsibility for drafting the engineering and architectural diagrams, along with operational checklists for all projects.
- Subtask 2: Manage enterprise datacenter switches throughout a large DoD environment. Experience should include provisioning of these devices for Unified Computing (i.e. virtual call managers), Thin Client de-ployments, and SharePoint deployments.
- Subtask 3: Provide engineering and configuration of network devices in support of Zero/Thin Clients de-ployments to include experience in deploying this capability on existing infrastructure (category 5e cable and fiber) while ensuring that a users’ experience is the same or better than what they currently have (de-creased login times, application availability increased, enhanced data delivery).
- Subtask 4: Manage network capabilities where bandwidth and access issues create unique challenges. This includes large areas and land masses that are disconnected and separated.
- Subtask 5: Provide customer support and troubleshooting for datacenter networks and coordinating with Government Network Control Centers and Higher Headquarters along with evaluating existing customer network systems in order to support the business case for upgrading platforms.
- Subtask 6: Plan and coordinate network configurations with enterprise technicians and network infrastruc-ture configurations with the local base. Plan and coordinate servers chosen for physical to virtual at the base with base enterprise technicians and A3/6 personnel.
- Subtask 7: Perform first line trouble-shooting activities (if required) for installed environments in conjunc-tion with remote enterprise technicians and local base technicians and act as a technical resource to assist with resolving critical customer issues.
- Subtask 8: Lead efforts for all LAN/WAN related projects, upgrades, testing, training, and outages with a strong understanding of the NIPR and SIPR networks.
- Clearance - Secret
- Required Certifications - Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) in routing and switching and network virtualization. Experience to include but not limited to Cisco Nexus platform devices, Brocade and Juniper switches and routers with experience deploying these devices throughout a large DoD environment.
Operation Hours at Customer site
- Regular local hours
- periodically work flexible hours to facility interaction with DoD engineers from Europe, West PAC, and Eastern U.S. specifically during project migrations or installs.
Place Of Performance:
- Main Operational Location:
- Hickam AFB, Hawaii
- Misawa AB, Japan
- Yokota, AFB, Japan
- Kadena AB, Okinawa
- Kunsan AB, Korea
- Osan AB, Korea
- Andersen AFB, Guam
- Eielson AB, Alaska
- Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
- Diego Garcia, Indian Ocean
Please submit your resume with a cover letter stating your income requirement.
Head hunter/staffing agency No phone call please