United States Naval Hospital Okinawa (USNH Okinawa)
Smarthost Design Technologies (SHD Technologies) is an SBA 8(a)-certified small business and a leader in providing fast, reliable, highly responsive, onsite, client focus and cost-effective technology solution to commercial, and government customers; helping them solve their daily technology challenges. We provide Services oriented Project Management, Help Desk Support, Manage IT Services, Network Administration and Design, Cyber Security Solutions, Big Data Analytics, Database Administration, Backup & Disaster Recover Solutions and Cloud Computing solution. As fast-growing IT leader in the industry, this opportunity is here for you to grow, and be part of the best in class, where there are no limits but room to grow with us as a company. We invite to join us on the quest to be the best IT Solution provider in our Industry.
This Job Description
The System Administration supports all aspects of cyber security, compliancy, and functionality of the Domain IT services for USNHO. The contractor shall meet with the Information Technology Department Head, Deputy, Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and various hospital stakeholders and end customers as needed to ensure timely resolution of the services provided. In support of this task, the Contractor shall: 3.1.1 Analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provide basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Software & Hardware
- System Administration Support: The System Administration supports all aspects of cyber security, compliancy, and functionality of the Domain IT services for USNHO. The contractor shall meet with the Information Technology Department Head, Deputy, Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and various hospital stakeholders and end customers as needed to ensure timely resolution of the services provided. In support of this task, the Contractor shall: 3.1.1 Analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provide basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions that meet information systems security requirements and compliancy (i.e. Group Policy Objects, MS PowerShell, startup scripting, etc.)
- Install, configure and maintain organization's operating systems. The contractor shall analyze and resolve problems associated with operating systems (OS/IOS) (i.e. Microsoft Windows , Microsoft Windows Server, VMWARE, Microsoft Hyper-V, UNIX, etc.), and applications software.
- Detect, diagnose, report problems, and perform operational support of hardware and software related to both server and client systems.
- Support, troubleshoot and perform root-cause identification of vulnerability problems related to software supporting branch offices internal and external branch medical clinics.
- Monitor system vulnerabilities and report their compliancy.
- Utilize software and hardware tools to scan, identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting client system performance and compliancy. (i.e. SCCM, Tanium, ACAS, HBSS, Power Shell, Splunk, etc.)
- Support the Government in the development of plans and evaluation of existing system architecture. Make recommendations for resources required to maintain compliancy and/or expand service levels.
- Support the Government in the research of technical solutions and interface applications. Identify and evaluate new products, and provide recommendations for the resolution of server and client system related problems.
- Provide system administration support related to resolving network problems and outages (i.e. DNS, Radius, Print Server, DHCP services, Virtual Switch, etc.)
- Support the Government in the planning and implementation of technical architecture and cyber security related plans that provide timelines, integrated solutions, task actions, project milestones, and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and cyber security related problems. The contractor shall monitor and control the availability of services and performance of system resources.
- Provide routine testing and analysis of all elements of system resources, processes and performance related to configuration management (including power consumption, startup scripting, application services)
- Support the Government in the development, configuration, and maintenance of Active Directory infrastructure (i.e. Group Policy Objects (GPO), Organization Units (OU), Objects, Security Groups, and Distribution Groups, etc.)
- Personnel Requirements. Personnel supporting the System administration requirement shall have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate computer or engineering science; five years of experience in a military or medical IT environment; four years of recent cyber security experience; hold one of the following MS Server certifications (MCSE, MCSA, MCSD) or equivalent MS Azure Role Based certification (i.e. Azure Core, productivity, Data Management, etc.) and meet applicable security credentials for the position.
- Information Security/Assurance Support: The Information Security/ Assurance Support services (herein, IA), include support to all of the Information Technology (IT) Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) services for the USNH and subordinate BMCs based in Okinawa, Japan. IA Support is responsible for meeting with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), programs of record (POR) owners, end customers and hospital leadership to ensure satisfaction with the services provided. In support of this requirement, the contractor shall:
- Support the Government in determining enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Analyze and define security requirement for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
- Provide integration and implementation of computer system security solutions.
- Develop and provide recommendations to the Governments to implement information assurance/security standards and procedures.
- Establish and satisfy complex system-wide information security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Coordinate, develop, and evaluate security programs for the USNHO. The contractor shall provide recommendations to the Government on information assurance/security solutions to support customer requirements.
- Detect, diagnose, and report operation systems (Windows, UNIX, etc.) related problems on both server and desktop systems.
- Identify, report, and resolve security violations and incidents.
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands per DoD/DON/DHA regulations and guidance.
- Provide input and recommendations supporting development and implementation of high-level information assurance and security doctrine and policies.
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Install, configure and maintain the USNHO’s operating systems. Analyze and resolve problems associated with server hardware, operating systems, and applications software.
- Ensure that all USNHO and subordinate BMC activities information systems are functional and secure
- Conduct vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems, including techniques and countermeasures appropriate for current trends in vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption.
- Provide notification of all cyber security incidents to the Information Assurance Officer as soon as reasonably possible.
- Personnel Requirements. Personnel supporting the IA requirements shall have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate IA, computer or engineering science field; six years of information security, IA, or management experience in a DoD or medical environment; four years of recent practical experience; hold a COMPTIA SEC+, MS Server certifications (MCSE, MCSA, MCSD) or equivalent MS Azure Role Based certification (i.e. Azure Core, productivity, Data Management, etc.); and meet applicable security credentials for the position (Top Secret and DOD8570.01 IAT III and IAM II standards at the time of writing, but subject to current standards)
Required Certification and Experience
- MS Windows Operating System
- network components (routers, switches, wireless access points, cabling, etc.)
- clinical and business applications and systems (stand-alone servers, virtual servers, Storage Area Networks, etc.) in a primarily MS Windows Operating System environment.
- Windows 7/Windows 10
- monitors and display devices, printers, scanners and multi-function devices and a sundry of office automation, clinical and business applications and systems
- Nutanix and NetApps Storage Area Networks, Microsoft SQL Server, Server Virtualization and RightFax Server.
- Radiology Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS), Optifill Pharmacy Refill System, Pharmacy Dispensing System (PharmAssist), GSL Pharmacy Dispensing System, Pyxis Pharmacy Dispensing Station, Dental Radiology Picture Archive and Communication System, AudioCare Patient Notification System, and Digital Voice Fusion Dictation System.
- Clearance - Secret (eligibility required)
- CompTIA Security + (Required)
- 2 yrs. hands-on experience with services desk & IT work similar to scope
- Other certification are encourage (Compliant A+, MS Certified Desktop Support Technician)
Operation Hours at Customer site
- 9-hour period including a 1-hour lunch break between the hours of 06:30 AM and 5:00 PM
Please submit your resume with a cover letter stating your income requirement.
Head hunter/staffing agency No phone call please