Computer Support Technician
Smarthost Design Technologies (SHD Technologies) is a leader in providing fast, reliable, highly responsive, onsite, client focus and cost-effective technology solution to commercial, and government customers; helping them solve their daily technology challenges. We provide services oriented Project Management, Help Desk Support, Manage IT Services, Network Administration and Design, Cyber Security Solutions, Big Data Analytics, Database Administration, Backup & Disaster Recover Solutions and Cloud Computing solution. As fast-growing IT leader in the industry, this opportunity is here for you to grow, and be part of the best in class, where there are no limits but room to grow with us as a company. We invite to join us on the quest to be the best IT Solution provider in our Industry.
Computer Support Technician to provide desktop, server, administration support and troubleshoot for quick resolution of day-to-day network, server, support request. Perform network services in accordance with the scope of the contract and in coordination with the customer IT Infrastructure services division.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform network services and server administration in accordance with the scope of the contract and in coordination with the Department IT Infrastructure services division
Environment Hardware and Software
- To manage system security and direct and implement the controls and procedure to cost-effectively protect information and system assets from intentional and unintentional modification, disclosure or destruction
- Provides guidance and direction to other functional unit for physical protection of information system assets. Provides reports to superiors regarding effectiveness of data security and makes recommendation for the adoption of new procedures
- Demonstrate ability to manage network security and direct and implement the necessary control and procedure to cost-effectively protect information and system assets from intentional and unintentional modification, disclosure or destruction
- Maintain servers, create monitoring reports and logs, and ensure functionality of links. Monitor web site for acceptable performance and user accessibility.
- Responsible for configuration management and documentation of network and system topologies and or website.
- Perform router and switch maintenance and configuration
- Perform network cabling for router, switches and servers
- Perform Wi-Fi local Area Network (LAN) maintenance and troubleshooting
- Perform network troubleshooting
- Working Intel compatible server and NetApp SAN
- Laptop support (HP, Dell laptops including imaging of OS and support mobile devices –iPhone)
- Printer support- LaserJet and inkjet – All models including copier
- Scanner, external devices (CD-ROM drives and RAID Storage Arrays)
- OS Systems (windows 7, DataOnTap, Windows 2008 server, windows 10 and windows server 2012
- Applications (Oracle, MS DOS based application, various PC, MS Office 2007, 2010 automation package, Visual Basic, C, C++, Polycom)
- Database management system (MS SQL Server and Oracle)
- Support for Gigabit Ethernet Devices, Switches, Hubs, router and Fiber Optics Devices
- Ethernet, TCP/IP, Router OS, and Data network protocol-TCP/IP, NetBEUI
- Support and monitor, and maintain video teleconferencing operations secure and non-secure mode, Optima Video conference projector and Criticom equipment: ISec, VMS, ISEC CM-200, DI-366, KIV-19M, Adtran, CSU 512 and Polycom VSX 900 & 7000
Wireless Communication support for tracking and maintaining telecommunication fixed and wireless equipment utilized in medical training facilities.
Required Certification and Experience
- 1-2 yrs. hands-on experience with services desk & IT work similar to scope
- Must have an active CompTIA security + certification (or complete in 90 days)
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Please submit your resume with a cover letter stating to email@example.com
Head hunter/staffing agency No phone call please