Smarthost Design Technologies (SDT) is an Information Technology solution provider with focus on solving complex problems in areas of Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Application Support, System Integration and Help Desk Support Services Delivery. We have provided best in class solutions to commercial, federal and state agencies since 2006.
SDT is seeking a ePACS Server Administrator and Information Assurance Engineer to join a new program to support a government client. Work location is Allington DC Metro area.
- Reports to: Director of Technical Services
- Team: Technical Services
- External: Clients/Gov
Perform upgrade and migration of AccessNSite to Lenel S2 Badging System, maintains support and sustain Information assurance (IA) of server and application workload, understanding of complex network, information system, databases, network protocols, and ability to analyze and specify configuration for application, network and computer and devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform completed detail assessment and requirement needs for the upgrade and migration of AccessNSite to Lenel S2 Badging System
- Perform work with authorized government staff and perform validation against agency security protocol
- Consult with Government on the current backup solution or will recommend and image-based backup that complies with government security requirements
- Perform installation of system to meet the customer badging requirement as it was on the AccessNSite system.
- Support staff will run a report and analyze reported problems. Will also finish any report request to the open government request by an authorized government official.
- system Administration will administer the Local ePACS system and is certified to make programmatic action to add, modify, and establish a new connection to support card readers and other components of the system.
- system Administration will use perform cyber security assessment of system based on ATO requirement and work with CISO to ensure compliance with security requirements.
- Analyze current badging server and badging application and supporting peripherals for compactivity with Lenel badging solution. Troubleshoot and resolve any upgrade, migration, network issues incidents that may arise.
- Manages, maintains, troubleshoots and supports customer server, networks, equipment, software and services.
- Identifies user problems and works within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs.
- Works with other resources and vendors to deliver effective on site customer support services.
- Identifies, documents and troubleshoots customer workload related issues to resolution and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes our professional services automation (PSA) solution along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver on-site user support services.
- Updates service request information with accurate documentation of all activities conducted.
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of certifications required to maintain this work load and customer requirement
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers that further develop our company’s positive reputation through exceptional customer service.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts that are beneficial to the company.
- Develop personal skills to efficiently and effectively work individually and as a member of the Technical Services team
- Participate in company-sponsored job-related activities and training to further develop your technical skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Skills and Qualifications
- Business Ethics - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Communications - Expresses thoughts clearly in written form, articulates verbal thoughts understandably, demonstrates active listening skills, comprehends information heard, uses appropriate communication methods, and keeps others informed.
- Conflict Resolution - Maintains calm under pressure, encourages respectful dialogue, confronts difficult situations without bias, acts within realistic timeframe for resolution, and resolves conflicts through fair negotiation.
- Consistency - Follows through as promised, confirms people know each other's expectations, arrives to and completes meetings on time, meets with direct reports in-person regularly, and changes decisions rarely.
- Cost Consciousness - Saves money without lowering quality of service, performs within approved budget, conserves company and customer resources, develops profitable new revenue streams, and identifies new ways to lower costs.
- Managing Multiple Priorities - Manages multiple commitments and/or projects, plans and utilizes time efficiently, responds to changing customer needs, resolves conflicts to deliver on schedule, and completes work in order of customer priorities.
- Network Management - Demonstrates understanding of network architecture, responds promptly to user needs, monitors network performance, identifies and resolves network problems, and anticipates and defines future needs.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Teamwork - Contributes to a positive team effort, balances team and individual responsibilities, listens attentively and openly to others' views, gives and sincerely accepts feedback, helps the team stay focused on key objectives, resolves team conflict before it escalates, and places the team's success above own interests.
- Troubleshooting - Anticipates problems; demonstrates critical thinking skills; Communicates with customers as promised; uses diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively; identifies, tests and implements logical solutions; and follows company troubleshooting procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study (preferred but not required), or equivalent work experience
- Security clearance - Required at TS-SCI level
- Risk Management Framework (RMF): 2 years (Required)
- Top Secret (Required)
- Information Security: 3 years (Preferred)
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft (OS)
- Window 7, 8, 10 OS Experience and Windows 2008 Server or newer
- Lenel OnGard components for badging solution
- MSSQL database Upgrade
- Perform Migration, Upgrade of server, and ensure hardware requirement are meet
- Verify data and test connectivity to Enterprise regional server
- Installation trouble shooting
- Server / Network / TCP IP / Storage / Security / Web Administration
- Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server Environment.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, printing, scanning and peripheral devices.
- TCP/IP Administration for support on Windows Server
- Installation and Software Maintenance
- Recommending, scheduling and performing network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Experience with cisco networking technologies
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Security + Professional
- Microsoft certifications - MCP, or similar
- ISC Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Or related ISC certification
- Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be prepared to travel as required
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a government environment as a contractor engineer
- Valued Qualifications (not required)
- 5 or more years relevant work experience
- Experience as part of a Lenel S2 Certified associate
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance