Developer with expertise in developing solutions based upon C#, ASP.NET
Core, Entity Framework, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Bootstrap, and Kendo UI and familiarity with Agile Scrum development processes.
Candidate for this position shall have the following qualifications and requirements:
Candidate Duties and Responsibilities:
- Five (5+) plus years of progressive application systems development experience utilizing a full systems development life cycle, with experience in the following strongly preferred:
- Using common software design patterns (e.g., factory, singleton, adapter, decorator, visitor, and strategy patterns).
- Unit testing and mocking frameworks.
- Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Extreme Programming.
- Test-first development using test-driven development or behavior driven development.
- Dependency injection/inversion of control.
- Solid understanding of C# and the .Net 3.5 framework.
- Knowledge of the ASP.Net MVC framework is recommended.
- Knowledge of xUnit.net, Moq, Autofac, and NHibernate are a plus.
- jQuery experience is a plus.
- Two to four (2-4) years’ experience with relational databases.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience is a plus.
- Understanding of the S.O.L.I.D. principles of software development
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Extreme Programming
- Experience with Test-first development using TDD or BDD
- Understanding of Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control
- The Senior .Net Developer shall be responsible for participating in the full life-cycle development process including requirements analysis, system design, development, continuous integration and deployment, configuration management, testing, implementation, and support. This development process shall involve close collaboration with staff, other contracted resources from the Supplier and contracted resources from other firms.
- The Senior .NET Developer shall be called on at times to work with technical and non-technical teams outside on integration and other tasks related to interactions between other systems and processes.
- The Senior .NET Developer must take ownership of projects/tasks/issues and work them through completion,
- The Senior .NET Developer shall develop and maintain comprehensive architecture and integration documentation, participate in code reviews to ensure processes support existing architecture, follow defined guidelines and coding standards and meet user requirements. All work performed including coding, testing, documentation, and status reporting shall be done in a manner consistent with CLIENT standards and processes.
- The Senior .NET Developer shall collaborate with end users and provide exceptional customer service by becoming a trusted business advisor. The Senior .NET Developer shall be called on at times to participate knowledge sharing and transfer activities with designated CLIENT staff and contracted resources.
- The Senior .NET Developer shall also perform the following responsibilities as outlined below:
- Participate in development activities according to CLIENT's Agile best practices, including continuous integration, automated unit testing, and automated builds and deployments where appropriate by leveraging CLIENT systems and methodologies as specified by CLIENT and the program management team.
- Participate in one or more daily stand up meetings.
- Participate in planning and design meetings.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies as requested by the CLIENT program management team.
- Participate in other meetings related to the project program as requested by the CLIENT program management team.
- Create and maintain documentation related to work performed on the project including, but not limited to, JIRA tasks, story and acceptance criteria definition, architecture diagrams, design artifacts and project wiki entries as requested by CLIENT.
- Provide a weekly, written status report to the CLIENT program management team by close of business each Friday, This status report shall provide a detailed account of work accomplished during the previous week, any outstanding risks or impediments and a detailed description of work planned for the upcoming week.